Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WHY THE SUDDEN DROP?

Jason_1
Contributor
Anybody know something?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Preston
Super Contributor
Jason ,not to sure. But if i were to guess, possibly profit taking.One day these guys will get burn't.
0 Kudos
Jason_1
Contributor
what do you mean by these guys will get burnt? People who own TKG or the guys profit taking? What do you think of TKG
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Good upside potential expected. Reference is made to guy taking profits.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
It was too sudden.Maybe something to do with the talks with Vodafone and MTN that hasn't come out yet (or just a rumour?)
0 Kudos
masterblaster
Contributor
reason is that vodafone does not want to buy all of 50% of tkg stake in vodacom.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
TKGDBV looks tempting , I will pocket some over the next three trading days. I am anticipating the dow next week to be in the red.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On the upside though if vodafone does buy a big chunk of the 50% the shareholders could expect a fat special dividend. Also talk of Telkom and MTN joining forces which would make for a pretty powerfull company.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
TZ.. The time period for any finalisation could go beyond 6 month. What is interesting is to look at Telkom (interim) financial statement and there is a little item in the balance sheet that could give some indication of its future plans. "Non current Asset held for sale"
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Another 1% drop today... it getting at pre MTN/VODAFONE anouncement price. R174.00. Where to from here?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sold SOLSBK@41 bought@30. Bought a big chunk TKGDBV@38 wish me luck, DB matrix is online(very large spread-BOTH WAYS) and if the guys fall asleep you can give them a wakeup call, I like that. Simon your intra-day tech analysis on TKG only came through the email at 12h21 is it available sooner or was it releaed about that time?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Has anyone noticed the messages are out of sequence on this thread?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It happens when u reply to a message like in this case
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
now reply to this message
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable