Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WILL OIL PRICE PUSH SASOL WARRANT UP?

Not applicable
SHOULD I SELL MY SASOL WARRANT BOUGHT FEW WEEKS AGO AT HIGHER PRICE THAN TODAY'S OPEN?OR SHOULD I HOLD ON FOR BETTER DAYS?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
CE
Super Contributor
SORRY, CAN NOT HEAR YOU ????
0 Kudos
Runbird
Contributor
Nobody's going to give you an answer to that, especially if you don't STOP SHOUTING...
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
I'm guessing you bought your warrant too early and now the time decay is killing you... OMO but you need to way up whether the future increase in SOL will be enough to cover the time decay on the warrant and how close it is to being in the money, etc. It's kinda like asking what the future holds... But I'd hold for now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No not oil but sasol mite push it up 17 c still holding will short today
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Shouldn't one be watching the exchange rate with regards to SOL? Every 10c the ZAR drops Sasol's earnings increase by R500 million. Wouldn't a major move in in the exchange rate wipe out the current rally?
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
SOLSBI ftw!!! Luckily I climbed out @ 44c.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
roman, not sure about the exchange rate numbers (but certainly there has to be some effect) but don't forget the other side of the coin. I was once told that every US$1 move in oil is worth R250million to SOL bottom line (over a year). So rand vs. oil?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Simon the oil moved up,hopefully Sasol will move up.I am keeping an eye on bought oil price and exchange rate.Thanx
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Simon... there was reseach out about 6-8 months ago from SFM detailing the effect of oil vs exchange rates. Exchange has a much greater effect but the numbers you guys are quoting are over the 6 month reporting period not in a day. A 10c ave exchange vs 1 dollar ave oil... exchange has the bigger effect. Prehaps you can republish the research Simon or even better, ask the boys with there heads in the books to update the SASOL research.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Q2W.The warrant that I was screaming about is SOLBH.Today it did'nt disappoint.12% gain not bad at all.The oil price did a trick on the underlying share.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
er MANPAT? MANPAT??? Please elaborate.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
....as in spank the monkey perhaps B?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL Y-ski! Thought about shorting earlier but decided against it. Seemed all and sundry were expecting the big tank that happened yesterday. But seems all caught out yesterday in the big ramp up aren't up for another sting so soon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Brazen check the oil price from yesterday you will notice something.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
....still sitting pretty with TOPDWZ B....this bull looks shagged out....... needs to go out to pasture for a breather.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hi there MANPAT - I was more interested in the origin of your name?Could there be a juicy story behind it. We love juicy stories on this forum.
0 Kudos
catseye
Occasional Contributor
Yes most definetly, if you still holding your warrants you should make a good profit. I am still long on single stocks at 220 average and hoping to get 260 by 31/03/07.
0 Kudos