Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WOOLIES WOES AGAIN

SIMBA
Super Contributor
Does any one have any info relating to their Dec 14 sens announcment. or should we jump now.All comments welcome.regards.............
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
theres 2 thoughts on what might be happening... 1) Woolies is going to sell its debtors book to one of the major banks 2) A big foreign investor buying the company. Marks and Spencer as a possible as theyve been involved for 50 years. other rumours included massmart buying them as it would complement their business and the products wouldnt overlap but that would have required an announcement from MSM at the same time but MSM did jump 3% after the announcement. Also questions about weather or not a bank buying the debtors book would have warranted a sence announcement... so who knows whats up. im holding my installment and buying and selling inthe volitility. it could still go down but the worst of it is over. so there is still a chance to get burnt but at least it would only be something like 10% as we've already lost something like 40% over the last 6 months. although if its a buyout the upside could be something like 30-40%...
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
sold on its 7% punt last week and happy that i did. Thought i would hold for more gain but remembered to sell on the rumors. Banked a small profit but glad to be out of this one. Used the money on MTN..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
MTN is climbing steadily. I will probable sell and invest in NPN.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Yeah Pres... let nature take its course on WHL and wait for some direction. Made good profits on MTN but think she still got some legs with this momentum. Tremendous volume support yesterday. Lets see..enjoy the game :)
0 Kudos
Champ_golfer
Frequent Contributor
Well well, looks like some uk Buyer has already bought shiitloads at 1640c 17:00, nearly R222mil eaish BIG BUCKS, I am holding for my futures 250% payday thx next Friday !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CG how do you know that the purchasee is UK? and not local?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
anyone notice fridays prices are a bit screwy?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What do you mean?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
shows low 1540 high 1640 close 1536??? move +104???
0 Kudos
attackcat
Contributor
Definitely odd - over the weekend the close was showing as 1640
0 Kudos
Champ_golfer
Frequent Contributor
Another 50mil plus,24.12 12:00 gee sumbody is hungry for some woollies, must be the cold weather here in the uk, 3 degrees 2pm in the afternoon...not nice
0 Kudos