Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WOOLIES WOES

SIMBA
Super Contributor
BOUGHT WOOLIES @ R21 thinking of purchasing more to reduce my break even point to R18,as i think they have been rerated to harshly.Any thoughts befor i commit @ R16.50. i have the same story with massmart.any thoughts would be apppreciated reguards........
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
topgun
Super Contributor
don't fight the trend...just look at whatever long- and shortterm ma you are using. also wait for the MPC announcement and the CPI and interest rate scenarios to become clearer. after the recent sell-offs in retailers and financials, it will take time for the shares to consolidate and to build new bases. averaging down is a natural emotional reaction, but not a good financial one. keep your powder dry. personally, I would stay away from interest-rate sensitive stocks for the near-term. rather pick the shares where you know earnings growth is relatively bomb proof - ie construction and GDFI related. omo
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMPUT
0 Kudos