Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WOW or OOPS!

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It would appear that 15286731 shares were sold at 17c this morning. Given the 29:1 consolidation, this represents a loss of R32 255 002.41. OR a profit to the buyer on an outlay of R2 598 744.27. (Unless this transaction is a holdover from yesterday's trade.)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Theoretically this could give rise to a 19x short position - so the banks will probably just reverse the transactions.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
This one is obviously on your watchlist/one of your small caps...also following, waiting for BEE transaction details. Potentially nice recovery spec, nav discount.
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
When a consolidation takes place, does all the previous bids and offers not fall away. It looked like the offers where there for a while and got taken out post consolidation. Seemed different when AET went post consolidation.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Theoretically the new consolidated share is a different instrument. So one might think that they should fall away. However the name of the share is the same - so this s an argument of type of error - error in substantia vs corpore etc. BUT - a buyer can expect that the offeror ought to know so caveat emptor. Your agent (broker) could maintain that it was your responsibility, as the seller, to pull your offer. Nice problem.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
The JSE can cancel the trade if in their opinion it is an error on the part of buyer or seller. It is within the rules.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Depends on the type of error.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
I see they have reversed that sale.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
why is this share now trading at 13c a share?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
YES. The brokers would have been liable for 18/19 of the loss. So that was always likely.
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
it's not at 13c, check again. I think Sharenet is not showing FRI's action. The trade (12m +) was reversed ... banks should get their act together. BUT, looking at the trades that did go thru, it doesn't match up to the volume for the day (lots of 500K trades). Anyways, I missed that 10% I was targetting with the consolidation (before price stabilizes) ... there will be more.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If it is neglected for long enough, it may begin to slides again. If it becomes really cheap (R1-ish) I'll take 1% of the equity.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Low volumne - but a little jump up today. Big spread.
0 Kudos