Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WTF !!!! Just got this from SBK

Not applicable
Dear Valued Customer, Standard Bank reserves the right to deny access to your online banking account when we suspect your account might have been compromised. You are receiving this message due to multiple logon errors on your account, therefore online access has been suspended temporarily pending confirmation of your identity. Log In to confirm your identity and restore your access. Online Service Team Standard Bank
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
Email at 14:38 ... So why am I still logging in ????? F_U_C_K !!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You sure it is not a phishing scam. look at a link in the email and see that it actually goes to the correct page for loging and there is no funny pre domain like www.xxxxx.com.ru/securities etc.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes and make sure the number where your proceeds are to be payed out to is also not changed!....Ring SBK first thinbg on monday morning and if u still feel compromised ,change your password!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For the record, OST always greets my by my name in email correspondence, not 'Dear Valued Customer'. Hennie, can you keep up us posted on the outcome?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
This is an attempt at phishing. I get at least one a day using some or the other banks name even if I don't have an account. Just ignore and delete or forward to OST so they can warn others.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . . . on the other hand if there was not a link to your (phishers) account. This could mean that someone was trying to get into your account. Please post the outcome.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
For more clarity . . . Someone phishing for your details will include a link to a fake account. Banks do not ask you to click on a link to your account. They usually ask you to log in.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
I also keep recieving this pop up message, saying there is an unspecified security risk, do i want to continue. I say no, and i am still refered to the log in page. I have asked OST abt this. Not sure whats the problem
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
Its a scam, hope you didnt use that link to login
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Mr. S, have you checked your computer's date and time setting, I have had similar hassles when my computer had the wrong date in it's cmos setting.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
I will have a look. OST said they will also have a look into it! i can imagine logging on, only to find my portfolio balance sitting at 0, cos sumone was able to gain access to ma account! yoh i wud go mad!
0 Kudos