Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WTF!!! standard online share prices way off the mark!!

fishlips
Occasional Contributor
Hi Anyone else experienced this yesterday? At 17h30 yesterday my shares all showed a loss , eg VOD down 3,8% Horrible day I thought , watching the banners on BDTV it showed VOD up 1,3% Banners have been wrong on TV but surely not on my share trading account ? Only at 22h00 last night did the OST account reflect the right numbers Am I being hacked ? Did someone spill coffee on a keyboard at OST? Slightly concerned
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
fishlips
Occasional Contributor
Btw , I had wrong info across the board cfr, sab , mta etc Anyone know who I should contact , I dread making a trade at the moment without checking 2-3 sources on the actual price
0 Kudos
fishlips
Occasional Contributor
Btw , I had wrong info across the board cfr, sab , mta etc Anyone know who I should contact , I dread making a trade at the moment without checking 2-3 sources on the actual price
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
I phoned them first thing Monday morning. There had last Thursdays closing prices instead of Fridays closing prices.
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
I also experience it yesterday.In the am when its supposed to reset at 8.30 it reflected fridays movements...................This is not on and I feel they should have sent us an e mail or sms to warn us of what was going on............also last nights figures were all wrong.........Not even an apology was forthcoming.......as regards the tv prices .they leave a lot to be desired as well..............
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
I also experience it yesterday.In the am when its supposed to reset at 8.30 it reflected fridays movements...................This is not on and I feel they should have sent us an e mail or sms to warn us of what was going on............also last nights figures were all wrong.........Not even an apology was forthcoming.......as regards the tv prices .they leave a lot to be desired as well..............
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
and why does the postings here not reflect and we end up posting a few times ????????????
0 Kudos
fishlips
Occasional Contributor
Not very confidence inspiring is it ??
0 Kudos
dust
Occasional Contributor
Yes the same with me same problem as yesterday -- I contact Online Share trading This was the replay. '''Thank you for your email. Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. However, we have resolved this problem today.''' Seems its not resolved
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Let's look at the latest figures @ 19h36 They have TRU down at over 7% on the top 40 meanwhile the share is up 1.2% for the day really WTF
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Another problem is that i have to remove the derivative colunms from all my watchlists daily.This has been going on for a week.I have just given up now!
0 Kudos
Krypt0n1te
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
kawcha
Contributor
Standard bank is just pathetic and disappointing sometime. Information incorrect and a lot of time down.
0 Kudos
kawcha
Contributor
Standard bank is just pathetic and disappointing sometime. Information incorrect and a lot of time down.
0 Kudos
kawcha
Contributor
Standard bank is just pathetic and disappointing sometime. Information incorrect and a lot of time down. And this is the 2nd attempt posting this comment, saying there is a error on the URL !
0 Kudos
ReneK
Contributor
yes saw that too yesterday absolutely not acceptable. But just read the FINE print they take no responsibility
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
The fine print.......I am so tired of signing one sided contracts.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos