Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WTF?

horsetrader
Occasional Contributor
Does anyone have an idea why this share is on a slippery slope southwards. I used all the clever stuff I learned on a recent OST course and bought in on a clear signal at 8900. It's been doing a Tom Petty and free-falling ever since...? No SENS, no press, FA?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
What about your stoploss?. I would have set one just below 8610, and then waited for a higher high. The trend is down lower lows.
0 Kudos
horsetrader
Occasional Contributor
Did not set a stop loss but am now approx 10% down and may take my medicine. The question is though, what's up with the share?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I have been caught in the same boat, trying to catch a falling knife and going against the trend, worst of all is trying to pick the bottom! I know the rules but to apply them, eish!!! Fundamentals are good and well run company so not sure why the market is punishing the share.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Check out PHAR or HEALTH index. They have been in a downward trend since mid Nov. Until sector reverses, expect the slippery slope. I suppose, best is to be patient. Generally, when looking at a share, I also check how the sector is performing as most established shares tend to track their relative index.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
two thorts .. just because an entry is spot o following all teh rules does not ensure profit .. that merely increases the probability ..
now when in the trade all that matters is the price, and if it goes against you then exit at your stop loss level ..
0 Kudos
horsetrader
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for all inputs ...
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
Follow my notes regarding this share made previously on this forum. Just click on my name and see the posting.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I remember the posting HP.Click on my name also for my "amateur" tech analysis on APN. We did say that 89.00 WAS A GOOD SHORT ON THIS SHARE.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I remember the posting HP.Click on my name also for my "amateur" tech analysis on APN. We did say that 89.00 WAS A GOOD SHORT ON THIS SHARE.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Nice call - give me an opinion on VOD - tx
0 Kudos