Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

WWIII ahead of schedule?

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Evening everyone. With the assasination of the Polish president and a good chunk of Polands military brass I was just wondering if WWIII is fast approaching. Just in the past two weeks there's been this incident, the sinking of the S.Korean battleship and (a little something I've chanced upon) the interception of Russian bombers in UK airspace. In order to break that gigantic potential H&S since 99 some drastic action is needed. This forming H&S pattern is there for all to see so just wondering if some government(s) are deciding to be pro-active about it.
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Not applicable
Hey HG, you starting to get a little weird now that you are living in KZN - Last Outpost. WW3??? You sure you & Org? aren't pyrolising some good stuff we haven't yet seen in the Cape?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Y, Korean issues regular format for that neck of the woods,.. Russian bombers in UK airspace,. if you do some more searching you will find it has been going on for some time now as well,.. Regards Polish pres,.. Well,. how many USA instilled corrupt mo fo politicos have been going down in western Europe since 2001 Afghanistan,.. Even Borat made money off the increaced advertising his nation received,.. Plenty, so thats not new either,.. We've had near on every colour revolution under the sun and well they are all western media events really,.. West is crying!? why aren't we easterners!? lol,.. Its just a matter of restoring the balance in central asia really, actually a good thing,...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just sell your shorts HG, sell your shorts.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Some remarkable parallels since great depression, dust bowl and WWII. During the great depression the DJ formed a massive head and shoulders; we're currently on a potential right shoulder. Environmental issues around that time included the dust bowl and resultant displacement of 500 000 people in the USA; nowadys there's global climate change and resultant climatic uncertainty. As a result of great depression, parties such as the Nazi party formed and then everything went pear shaped; nowadays there's "terrorism". Anyway, it'll be good for the planet. Too many humans. . .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just trade the price HG, just trade the price. If it happens there will be ample warning. And certain stocks will still go up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, just buy everything the Bush family have shares in.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Oh boy.u have really lost it !! There are too many ants in my backyard I hope your wars reduce their population also !!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
here's what I still don't get .. you looking at a multi decade H&S .. yet you trading it with short term derivatives ??? your time lines don't stack up ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HAHAHAHAHAH - Classic Simon,... ;)
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
And the "Day of Rapture" would be on 21/5/2011 (re Harry Camping!!!)
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Maybe it's time to put some money in Lockheed Martin! ;)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The idea is to make money fast. Then spend it fast to dig in and sit this one out. The making money fast thingy has hit a snag though.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
For those of you still in denial, you're not alone. There was heaps of denial in 29 just before the great depression. Check out these quotes: Irving Fisher, Yale Ph.D. in economics: "Stock prices have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau. I do not feel there will be soon if ever a 50 or 60 point break from present levels, such as (bears) have predicted. I expect to see the stock market a good deal higher within a few months." (Oct. 17, 1929) Goodbody market-letter in New York Times: "We feel that fundamentally Wall Street is sound, and that for people who can afford to pay for them outright, good stocks are cheap at these prices." (Oct. 25, 1929) Business Week: "The Wall Street crash doesn't mean that there will be any general or serious business depression ... For six years American business has been diverting a substantial part of its attention, its energies and its resources on the speculative game... Now that irrelevant, alien and hazardous adventure is over. Business has come home again, back to its job, providentially unscathed, sound in wind and limb, financially stronger than ever before." (Nov. 2, 1929) Harvard Economic Society: "A serious depression seems improbable; [we expect] recovery of business next spring, with further improvement in the fall." (Nov. 10, 1929) Treasury Secretary Andrew W. Mellon: "I see nothing in the present situation that is either menacing or warrants pessimism ... I have every confidence that there will be a revival of activity in the spring, and that during this coming year the country will make steady progress." (Dec. 31, 1929) President Herbert Hoover: "The depression is over." (June 1930) http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-dow-high-ahead-happy-talk-feeds-sheep-2010-04-13?pagenumber=1
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The scenario that u describing was true before the financial crises. I was talking about it before it happened and most people disagreed here in the forum. The worst is over..the major bull run in stocks have began which should end around 2035.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
There is no doubt that the social mood has changed. If world events continue in this fashion, what HG is saying is plausible. However, if Wizard is correct, then expect a positive swing in social interaction. There is nothing like a consistent bull run to uplift the social mood. If the bear takes over, watch out. Upheavel can well be the result.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Better to risk 50% of my money on going short rather than risk 700% by going long.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The points above come from an article printed today. They pertain to the bear market rally before the big crash i.e. the right shoulder of the H&S.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Also can't naked short!
0 Kudos