Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Wall of worry

kwagga
Super Contributor
This market is making me seriously nervous. Everything is pointing to a correction. The magic ingredient is just missing. We need an event that will scare the bulls off.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Preston
Super Contributor
Event was on Friday, when this market flushed out foreign buyers. Stock will trade sideways for now and will gradually drop to the downside. OMO
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what does "flushed out foreign buyers" mean ??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Preston - If the foreigners are flushed out, we'll tank BIG time. The world if flush with money. They'll support us until they find a better place to put their money, or rather keep in cash. When we start getting 3%+ down days on the ALSI, you'll notice.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@kwagga, when the exchange rate (R/USD) started to depreciate, there was massive sellers for FSR and VOD stocks.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@kwagga, when the exchange rate (R/USD) started to depreciate, there was massive sellers for FSR and VOD stocks on Friday.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
A sizable correction would be splendid in this bull market. It would remain a bull market.
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Kwagga, so you feel like a zebra on the Serengeti...Nervous. I'm with you buddie, nervous as hell. However, nerves aside, trading the trend and not trying to predict tops or bottoms.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
I dont know, S&P has got a big 2000 writen all over it for year-end. Fed has brought us this far, why stop now? The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition : 8 + 10
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
You're right. There is absolutely no reason why we should stop now. But there will be in future, and although I can't anticipate it, I can still wonder and prepare.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Dude, you are not supposed to agree with me - i dont want a starring role in "run of the lemmings" the screenplay! Groupthink sucks.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Koos2, i agree with Kwagga,who in turn agrees with you.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Oi! insert Jackie Chan wtf pic!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
market just gone past 45000 on ALSI-how long you going to worry...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
managed to squeeze 130 points per contract on the 15 min long...holding on to my longs on daily and weeekly ALSI, and yes, correction coming, just dont know when...
0 Kudos