Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

War on Gaza (Israelie Government vs South African Government)

Mr_S
Super Contributor
Personally i think its wrong that this had to be settled as a war, and im shocked at the brutality,and killing of innocent people BUT i do commend Israel for taking action, even though that action is not right, THEY DID SOMETHING! i wonder if the South African government was in the same situation, with mugabe bombing us for example, what they would do? talk n talk n talk? quiet diplomcy? wait and see approach? i wish we had leaders with some back-bone!!
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
dbm
Frequent Contributor
Gaza knows how to shoot itself in the foot
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is it millions of illegal emigrants and cholera good enough reason to act? What else must happen for our government to start defending our people?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Because the JSE is located in "darkest Africa" and the country and whole region is in an accelerating downward spiral, our market will always be subjected to wild swings as foreign investors pull out their profits. I think our stocks are even more risky only due to their location, thus placing investments in the JSE on a higher risk level, in my opinion. So my investment view will never be long term; bank profits asap and start again.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
and now our parliament wants to debate the "Gaza crisis" instead of sorting out Zim and mad Bob. The genoside in Zim is totally ignored not even mentioning the destruction of a major food producer. I say then let the Zims starve; they voted for Bob, like the Palistinians; let the Israelis defend themselves.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Just typical of our government!! i wish i was president, i would invade Zimbabwe NOW! its for the best interest of South Africa and Africa as a whole! it makes you wonder whats really going on behind the scenes, im sure bob holds somthing against the ANC man! im sure of it, cos i dont see a reason why they cant tell him straight to step down! u telling me they scared of him? and his army commanders? yea right! it makes me sick that people still vote for incompetent governments etc, what a disgrace! im cross so early on a tuesday lol this is not good
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
Have you ever been to a war Mr. S? Have you ever been shot at? Do you think there won't be any civilian casualties when RSA suddenly invades Zim? The rockets from Gaza also claimed civilians, many, and we all saw talk didnt help. Even Org predicted a war in 2009...then again he predited one in 2008, and 2007 , and 2006....
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
please dont get me wrong, i dont agree with war right. But i do think that certain action needs to be taken, whatever action it may be, at least there is action, not all talk! Its a fact that action is much better than inaction. With regards to the bob issue, yes there may be casualties if there is an invasion by SA, but would you rather see people suffering, than taking action and at least trying to limit casualties? i mean its a completly diffrent situation to GASA, for example, if we had to invade Zim, we could evacuate as many civillians as possible, meaning that the people that remain are bob loyalists, and will be treated as the enemy. I mean really, how long are we gon sit here and talk while people are starving? mugabe wont step down, i still say i would take military action! you have to look at the risk (being casualties) vs the reward (millions of people getting thier country back, hunger etc issues beginin to be solved. and btw, org is just plain wrong, he thrives on other peoples suffering
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
Mr S , I think most of Zim'z civilians have been succesfully evacuated to Messina already...
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Bulletjie, maybe im wrong in my view of things, how would you solve this problem if you could?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
My view, pay somebody close to Bob to take out Bob and at least 4 other of the top management. It will not help to only take out Bob; you need to realy scare the s---t out of the rest in the process. Will not be easy to get to Bob, so then take out 5 other top managers and scare the s--t out of Bob. This will be easier to do.
0 Kudos