Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Warrant Opening trade

DF
Contributor
Hi, Just very intereting to know that I put in a offer to sell 16000 warrants yesterday to be active for one month. I was also the only person Yesterday to sell for 31c. This mornig they traded 33 000 warrants and only sold 1000 of my offer to sell. Std Bank explained that in the opening trade someone with a offer to sell at market value got in in front of my trade......how fair is that ????
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Galuc
Super Contributor
But then surely the market value was less than ur 31 cents
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yet another reason, by the looks of it, to stay away from warrants
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
No, the 33000 warrants at opening trade, traded at 31 cents... That is what confused me....I was first in the cue for 31cents but they allocated it to the person who sold at market value.... ????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Did they trade a buy or a sell (did the trade happen for someone selling the warrant to a buyer (market maker matrix at sell price 31c) or buying the warrant from a seller like you (market maker buying at buy matrix of 31c) thus mopping up the trade volume?

So if you were selling (needing to match a buy matrix) but the trade happend on a sell matrix side and the stock price only moved to your sell (mm buy) later on and only enough to take out 1000 of your holding (remember convertion ratio) ??
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I gotta agree with DF how did that sneak ahead of his trade, just cos it was sold at market?? No logic in that, i would also be peed off!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
@market goes to front of the Q .. albeit not without serious risks in warrants .. an low liquid stocks ..
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
If you want my honest opinion, rather trade ssf's after you've done some education on it.. Warrants just have to many problems for my liking and time decay has never helped anyone..
0 Kudos