Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Warrant calculation

quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Can anyone or Simon help. Is there a way that one can work out the price of a knockout warrant relative to a future fixed projected level of the index?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
quovadis, I have copied an old post of mine which I hope will help you. I pondered over the same thing for a while. You may speak to Naven (0800 11 780) He explained to me how to calculate fair value on a KO. eg. TOPSKQ. KO Barrier 24,5k less TOPI Spot of (assume) 23,295. For Puts deduct 295 points and calls add 295 points (295 pnts a constant due to Market Maker hedging against Top40 futures, cost of finance less dividends to expiry). Therefore 24,5k - (23,295 - 295 = 23k) divided by Cover ratio ie. 5k = 30c = fair value! Simple once you know how! I note the 295 pnts reduces the closer to expiry.
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Thanks very much for the help. Will try and create a spreadsheet to do the necessary.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Ya, I still wonder why there is no matrix. No time decay? OK I will park the issue...... good luck with your spreadsheet!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
thee is time decay, but it is linear ..
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Thanks Simon. As regards the spreadsheet I thought I'd hand it to my daughter's 8 year old.
0 Kudos