Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Warrants - Interesting reply from SEQ

CE
Super Contributor
I asked why the matrix and the actual bids and offers differ on FSRSBY, this was the reply: Please note, with warrants if a warrant drops below R0.10 then the market maker is no longer making the market. Those are individual people making their own prices.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
cfm
Super Contributor
That is standard for most issuers. The issuer will buy the warrant back at the matrix price, but will no make an offer. This means that the offers may be higher than fair value.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
don't trade ***** warrants. This one is out the money, low delta, high decay, no market-maker, wide spread etc etc. Stay away from anything below 20c, and preferably trade warrants at 35c+ if you can.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
don't trade ***** warrants. This one is out the money, low delta, high decay, no market-maker, wide spread etc etc. Stay away from anything below 20c, and preferably trade warrants at 35c+ if you can.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Agree - I was only wondering why that was the case.....I have a monster watchlist on a second screen on my desk with live prices.
0 Kudos