Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Warrants on Top40

Frequent Contributor
Simon, are TOPSBN and TOPSBU warrants on STX40 ? ( One call and the other put ). If so, why dont they list when you click "Warrants associated with this share" on the SATRIX 40 share page ?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, they are on the top40 futures -(ALSI futures). Largely they track the top40 which the STX 40 tracks.
0 Kudos
Viresh
Occasional Contributor
Hi Simon. According to DB their (TOP) WAVES are priced using the "implied spot level of the index as derived from the relevant futures contract, typically that of the near month expiryPlus". Where can I access the real-time pricing of this contract, using the Online Share Trading site? Also, does the TOP40 (TOPI), STX40 (incl financial futures on this index move in line, or are there pricing differences? Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tip for the day: The last letter of the warrant will tell you if it's a call or put. warrants ending with A-O are calls and P-Z are puts. Now, karma gods of equity, make me some moola!
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Simon, The question by v_v_user1 is actually where I was heading with mine. Is it safe to use the Top40 to run your alerts if you are holding the warrants ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, top40 or stx40 works well enough. As for real time pricing of the DB futures, well in short you can't as they tweak the futures contract to hedge as the waves don't expire every close out.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
There is no safe way to set up alerts for the Top40. One can not set up an alert on the index. Using the Satrix40 is better than the warrant, but there are still times with no trading that can take you past your alert point.
0 Kudos
Viresh
Occasional Contributor
Yeah, I was shocked to find out from DB that a wave can hit the barrier overnight. Scary!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ask our dear old friend CE. He is still trying to pick up the pieces from a late night high speed crash into the barriers after dark.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
True J bra, on the other hand, when I read the thread about the competition "who lost the most money", oh boy, I am a lucky man indeed.
0 Kudos
Viresh
Occasional Contributor
Damn...how close was it yesterday as well. All of a sudden at end of trade the index moved massively. Last night could have been another knockout.
0 Kudos