Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Warrants

barry_1
Super Contributor
Bought SB all expiring in Jul.Last week AMS,IMP,AGL done well so far.This morning bought SOL,HAR.All have 20% stop-losses in place.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Richard_1
Occasional Contributor
Ja - Nee, so whats the question?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
So, you believe SOL spinned the toilet roll ????
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
We in SA know that SOL is a lot more than oil.It declares its interim in Mar. for year ending in Dec,thus production that happens now is not included in the result.The only thing that can influence is the Rand/Dolar exchangefor overseas traders.We have every reason to believe that this is going to be a very good payout.On the negative side overseas investors rate it on oil,however although it has been a warm winter in the US,the probability exists of a cold spell before winter is over.The Saudis have just started cutting their supply and Opec says that there will be further cuts if it falls below their benchmark low.(Believed to be $50 per barrel.)
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Does there have to be one?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I can't find the SENS but I know SOL had hedged themselve at $60/barrel on the downside. How effective was this move? Was it only far a limited period?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Sure Barry, SOL will most certanly turn around and go back to previous hights, but when ? The problem is SOLSBG, the weekly time decay is 6,2% and that is the reason I am sitting on the sideline for now.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
How remiss of me i missed that and i always try to cover every angle,i'll reduce the stop-loss to 10% on SOL and rather buy more of their instalments.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Pleasure boet. SOL is trading at it's support level at the moment, let's pray that they spin the toilet paper roll VERY soon and don't "pull" a Harmony on you guys !!!
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
If I recall correctly, they hedged for a portion (25% or something)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Has The Orynx Facility started to produce yet or has there been further delays?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I've found it:go to Company Profiles/Sasol/Company news/then one page back/to Wed 28 June 2006.They put a zero collar hedge at $63 low they would be payed and they would not recieve revenue above $83 for 30% of their production.Very farsighted indeed!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Great point guys! I remember when they hedged there was some criticism cos everyone was saying oil was on it's way to $100. As you say Barry, farsighted, and another good reason to buy and HOLD SOL.
0 Kudos