Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Watchlist -AAAAAAAAAAAAAgghhhhhh

Rams
Super Contributor
Get back the old one Simon. Rather change the lady on the log in page!I used to get 8 prices SMSed to me 4 times a day, Now AAAAAAAAAAAgggghhhh
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gents, if you wanna hack my system .. you shouldn't do it on a public forum ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah prefer the old ones..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah prefer the old ones..
0 Kudos
GGG
Contributor
I think it is an improvement. Once the bugs have been sorted it will be great. Give it a chance. Dont be afraid to change.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
The tracker move numbers are wrong. For example: given that the TrPrice is R42.55 and the current ruling price is R97.20 (Shoprite on my watchlist). My understanding is that the growth should be (97.20-42.55)/42.55 or 1,284... which equates to 128.4%. Your developers are going (97.20-42.55)/97.20 which is wrong. Also, where are the small arrows? The k's and M's are great - good change!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the maths will correct tonight .. the arrows are gone ..
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
but... but... but... who complained about the arrows? why would someone take them away? it's like complaining about a stock ticker, complaining about the debit/credit columns on a bookkeeping record... or complaining about "JSE exchange" being "Johannesburg Securities Exchange exchange". You don't mess with that stuff! It's sacred stuff :)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well oddly, we introduced the arrows a year ago .. and we were swamped with complaints .. seriously swamped ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL...but that was a year ago..now we are used to it now we want it back... we all want change we just dont want it to happen to us!
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
Let me "point" you in the right direction ------> ARRROOOOWWWSSS!!! Seriously though, can we at least have the option to put it there. So, if you don't like them, you can take it away?
0 Kudos
the_stig
Occasional Contributor
This is fun, lets put some more fuel on the fire 1. The arrrows are gone, hamba kahle arrows; there will be a memorial service next week Wednesday 10.00am in Rosebank Central Methodist church for the arrows, no flowers please. 2. The red/green colours are just fine, build a bridge etc. etc. 3. four decimal places on the var. % column......it adds a little spice to a somewhat flat market, 4DP is better than 4SF 4. Edit button....very powerful thing this button.... E-D-I-T means edit, change, updgrade, rework, alter, amend, revise, rearrange, rehash.....use it, don't use it and finally no. 5 For the love of all things holy can Sasol rise above R320 some time this decade, getting tired of hearing about R/$, oil price etc. where's George Bush when you need him to invade another country, probably practising his golf.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
...at least there is still arrows on the main portfolio screen... shhhhhhhhh.... don't say it too loudly though.
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
And what about the lady on the log-in page?
0 Kudos
Bug
Occasional Contributor
Just a minor suggestion... instead of the new bright green and red background colours, why not use the same subtle blue and red (actually mauve and pink) used on all the charts on the site? I played with it in Paint and it looks fairly decent. We're all used to what those colours mean.
0 Kudos
Shawza
Occasional Contributor
on the nome page - i cant switch between my watchlists. i have to click on "edit or show my watchlist" where im taken to a new page and then can tab across my different watchlists - is it possible to have this tabbing functionality on the home page? maybe the problem is unique to me?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tabbing on the HHP was never the intention .. will add it to our think about list ..
0 Kudos
Shawza
Occasional Contributor
fair enough but with the old watchlist on the home page there was a drop down menu to switch from one watchlist to another - you now have to do this on a seperate page. other than that i think the new changes are awesome.
0 Kudos