Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Web design... Setup cost estimate...

DCTrader
Super Contributor
Anyone here able to give me an idea as to how much it would cost to setup a site with a similar structure and layout to www.nyse.com? Thanks!
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Thanks C... are you in the business? I want the structure of that site, but doubt it'll incorporate as many pages. I'm just looking to replicate the backbone. Could I mail you with a few ideas... is it still [email protected]? Shot!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
er thats roffey's email....yes we do our own site...www.metering.com..www.miningreview.com....we did the Spescom corporate site....
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
what exactly do you want the site to do, if you want live data feeds of stock prices etc, this add's quite a bit onto the cost of the site, i think the best is to know what you want to display, where the data comes from etc and then replicate the structure - you will need hosting and domain names, but that is cheap - if it is hosted in the US you get even better pricing!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if you want a site like this one about 10k...so the costs vary greatly....
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Wouldn't want to be mailing Roffey... he'd just tell me to buy DRD... hold for 2 months and use the proceeds of the sale to fund the setup. I saw it on some other thread here... i'll drop you a mail with what im after C. I'm looking at a max of 20k for setup.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
DC, you were looking at forum software the other day, which leads me to believe that you may have some of the skills required to do it yourself. CMS systems like http://drupal.org/ and http://www.joomla.org/ make it relativly easy to design your own site. If you need costs on domain registration and hosting let me know.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A site similar to this one would have being close to R100k , this one cost me R5k www.outthebag.co.za and its far from flash.
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
Hilton, for R5000 they should have set the default page!
0 Kudos