Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Website

Tango
Super Contributor
yes. Same charts as IG. From daily down to tick-charts, with all the standard indicators, and the ability to write custom indicators and systems if you want to.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes Tango it is very rude....!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja IG and ideal are good....brilliant service and they have their place but the spreads are prohibitive....on the ALSI to the point of being ridiculous 45 pts! thats R 450 per contract! you guys have gotta go pro and get costs down to i pip...total cost no other hidden costs....
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Tango and all those detail you need to submit??? It scared me off the first time!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist I have printed the documents but losing more than my investment has always made me nervous. I completly see the point though. I am working on it! But thats for the Alsi what about the shares themselves. Have you got a better plan other than IdealCFD
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
No Risk = No Trophy Wife
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
To much risk - no wife at all.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Mind the gap just took on a whole new meaning.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Chartist - the 45pt spread is only for the 'cash' index, with the mandatory 15pt premium for guaranteed stops that IG insists on. The guaranteed stops are not required by Ideal, and it's possible to trade also which doesn't have the fixed 30-pt spread. So the spread comes down to between 17 and 25 pts... a lot better than 45, but not as good as DWT, Cortex etc. Fine for me for the odd ALSI trade (I'm not a day-trader). John - you only need to fill in all the forms for trading on the foreign exchanges. For local trading the paperwork is minimal and they get you set up quickly
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Tango I will open an accout at both places. will trade the alsi with Chartist and will look at using Ideal for the rest.
0 Kudos
P_D_A
Contributor
i Understand that standardbank r having Problems with the platform , but they should at least , make phone trades free , untill these problems r sorted out
0 Kudos
Cowgirl
Occasional Contributor
They need tha money to fix ze problemo.No refunds here.
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
This is probably a Microsoft Platform. Which is the reson that the site is unable to handle the load when required. Clever stuff which does not function all that well, especially when the chips are down.
0 Kudos