Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Weekend getaways Gauteng

Not applicable
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable
Be easier if you say what you like or maybe what you dont like...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
The best get away idea for JHB is to simply get away, far away. I suggest a cheeky flight to Cape Town.....pull into Polano's, Kalk Bay Harbour, order your favourite tiple and a few grilled prawns and chill watching the whales swim past your window on the world.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Game Reserves, Yellow fish Fly fishing spots on vaal river...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gauteng Holiday is an oxymoron.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We often do Pilansberg game parks camping, just to get back to basics, with comforts of course (matress to not sleep on the floor etc) for a 2 day get away. Long week-ends Blyde river area or sometime magalies area to a freinds guest farm.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i agree ninja. The Cape is the best w-end getaway. if u looking for accommodation send me an e-mail on [email protected] i have a beautiful holiday apartment with sea and mountain views in Gordons Bay. 50 metres from the beach, very peaceful!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Christiana -- vaal river -- best yellows to get ... very nice waters Bells fly fishing festival on next month ... not to be missed
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pilgrimsrest does looks tempting, saw an ad: 2 night stay, CTN luxury apartment, Mango return air tickets, car hire..all for about 3K
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eish Simon you larney horse! im surprised they even allowed me access to their website! lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A number of places to hike / camp in the Magaliesberg and the Waterberg.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Unfortunately - I will have to rephrase the question in my case - I would like to know about "budget weekend getaways, Gauteng", I am not as lanie as Simon.
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
If you can make it out to the Waterberg, check out Lindanie (sp?). VERY lekka if you just want to unwind, and affordable too. You can literally feel the stresses of city living leave your beat up old body within minutes of arriving.
0 Kudos
of
Frequent Contributor
The warm water of Bela Bela (warmbaths) is great in the winter google pendleberry grove good winter rates
0 Kudos
Not applicable
any ideas about a weekend break from Cape Town....somewhere where its summer!!!
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
I hear Brakpan is quite nice...
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
My favourite.. The Eiland..is on the road from Tzaneen to Phalabora...Hans Merensky Game Reserve...no sitting in cars, you hike in the game reserve...it is paradise...sit on the banks of the Great Letabo River in the morning and evening and hope the crocs or hippos dont see you first
0 Kudos
mib
Contributor
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
You can get a house boat on the Vaal river +/- R 1000.00 per night, sleeps 4. Old Willow something. Very relaxing , fishing , pulling into the pubs/ hotels,during the day.Some of the jappie types that dwell in the houses boardering the river are a bit deliverence like, but if you keep to the indicated anchoring areas there is no problems.........
0 Kudos