Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Were were you 9/11/2001

Project_Directo
Super Contributor
On site in Rustenburg building Angloplats ACP SMELTER. DURACELL, the planner came in and broke the news, never beleived his planning but soon got a grip of the situation as the internet froze.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was sauntering round Eastgate wondering why everyone was crowded outside the TV shops....after all there was no sport on. Well no sport SA were involved in.
0 Kudos
Vencat
Occasional Contributor
I was in Hogsback....no TV, but heard via telephone from my hysterical wife (we were married for 1 week at that stage)....so I missed all the emotion behind the whole event!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Online, chatting to panicking Americans as it happened, plane by plane.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Helping my wife put up curtains in our first day in our new house in new town,son rushes in says that a plane has flown into a building.We say "whar ever",me thinking some small plane ,probably pilot drunk!Only that evening do we realise the full enormity of the event.Two months later to the day 11/11 flash flood rips through our town for first time in fifty years ,nine residents drown as water pours down our streets.,luckily missing our house but flooding our garage!
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
In some small Tuscan town with my now ex-wife, wondering WTF .....and trying to contact relatives in London and NY,NY.
They all survived, our marriage didn't, but we've both had kids since then so life and procreation continues, and we're mates still - cool huh?!
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
studying for my matric exams,wondering if going to be able to go to the usa after matric to work on the ski resort as I had planned and paid for my flight.Saw the world trade centre 2 months later still smoking and big pile of rubble
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
Was in London, I had been there for two days. All of sudden everything went chaotic. Later on I was wondering whether they said London or NY. I was pretty sure the TTs where in NY but I must have missed something judging from the chaos in London
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Sitting at the office when one of the women (who like russish like heat and people magazine) said "hey a plane just flew into the twin towers" to which I replied something along the lines of "you people will believe just about anything!" moral of the story keep my trap shut!
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Was driving but the news came as no surprise as the future already happened in other dimensions of space and time...
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
I was in an aeroplane!!! Flying back from a business trip to Mauritius, only found out when we landed at Jan Smuts
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
' welding in my factory '? Come on, confess. You're just playing up to Chartist's Village People fantasy aren't you?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey there B, missed yout too.... serriously I am quite handy with a blow tourch.
0 Kudos