Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Were you born to trade?

ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Have read a article in the new scientist mag and on the news somewhere that they say people with hands that have longer ring fingers than index fingers are naturally better at trading cause of a exposure to certain hormones whilest in the womb. People with longer ring fingers are better at maths and make beter long term investors.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
And those with no hands ?
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
That explains it. On my one hand, the ring finder is longer than the index finger. On the other hand, the index finger is longer than the ring finger. So, the conclusion is easy. I was born to trade badly.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I saw a few articles on that, and IIRC the longer ring finger means better trader but worse long-term investor. It was measured on the right hand in the tests. Me, right hand ring is longer, but left hand is the opposite. I trade with my right hand and invest with my left - easy :)
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
heh, actually it is about willingness to take risk. Longer ring finger = more testosterone = male propensity for taking stupid risks :-) I wonder is schlong size impacts trading skills?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
my ring finger is longer on both hands...seriously...and I do mean the finger which my ring is on ....hehe...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
haha well judging from that im not born to trade but i frikken love it!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I love it too....a thoroughly enjoyable thrilling albeit sometimes frustrating pastime with a pecuniary byproduct....what more can u wish for?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm only new at it but have lost heavily over oct/nov (probably the worst possible time to of started trading!) but haven't made losses since december but with the losses and gains still loving it and something i will be involved in for a long time to come
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes if u survived the recent market u prolly be ok....BTW I notice a very high attrition rate amongst forumites...very few of the grootbekke still here...
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
I've got the very long ring fingers so this market is made for me.
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
My right hand index finger got shortened by approx. 13 millimetres a few years ago. Index finger now the same length as ring finger. Shortening thew finger did not seem to help. I remain a useless trader.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, I'm actually still here, just not much time to chat...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So i need to retract my earlier post about loving trading haha getting hammered today did break some of my rules tho so my own fault...
0 Kudos