Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Werner Your Blackberry

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hi Werner (or anyone else doing this). How well does OST work on your Blackberry? Which model do you have? Thanks
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Werner_1
Super Contributor
HateGauteng > I have the Bold 9000 - Like Simon says always, one must use Opera Mini - i actually havent tried it on the phone yet. I will do it just now though, maybe i can tell you a bit later how it works...
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Ok. Just spoke to my MTN service provider (my cousin). She says that BIS doesnt allow for banking and such internet services.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yes, not all things can use BIS, i know many apps you download arnt activated on the BIS as well, but they still work using the standard WAP 2.0 or WIFI connection on the phone - then it isnt on the unlimited data service obviously. I think this is up the the app if its enabled or not, so when browsing through the BlackBerry browser i think most things are free, only not streaming and downloads, but standard browsing is unlimited, i guess if one goes to OST via this browser its free, but using Opera i dont know, one would have to ask Opera if they enabled their app on the BIS - i know you have to be a BlackBerry Associate Partner or something to get this going - and might have to pay (thats for the development company who makes the app). I just used Opera Mini to open the OST site, all works well, only issue is that its quite small (zoomed out) and the menu on the side overlaps a bit, its still very usable to monitor your portfolio, i dont know how it would be to execute a trade though, i guess possible. I mostly use mobile devices to monitor the market, not make trades. I think there were some people around that use it more than me though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi I have the Bold 9700. Since OST did some upgrades to be more browser friendly I haven't had any problems accessing my account. Don't know if Im being charged extra though.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
if you just want to check prices and get info there are lots of free apps.. if you want to trade well then just use the phone.. simple...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
iPhone for life. The Opera Mini for iPhones works well with OST and SAFARI also works with OST.
0 Kudos
stomps
Contributor
Hi i also have the Bold 9700 were did u do the upgrates because i cant use ost then i must do the updates first
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Stomps to use ost you have to download the opera mini browser just go to their web page and download direct to your phone.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
as far as i have seen one has little menu functionality via the iphone,. site does work well in general,.. But y,. can you make trades etc? Regards,..
0 Kudos