Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Wescoal

Johnmac
Occasional Contributor
With all this flooding of coal mines in Oz why isn't wes flying?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well do they sell the the Ozzie customers ?? do they export at all ??
0 Kudos
Johnmac
Occasional Contributor
Hi Simon, Yes they do export but my point is OST and Business report say the share is under rated and coal prices are punted to rise because of the flooding etc. EXX is up and Keaton and others. On the surface - if you'll excuse the pun - everything's going for it but WSL stays flat?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wait for it, wait for it ....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The SA coal mining industry won't benefit from the Aus crsis . Not enough rail infrastucture to transport the extra coal to the Richardsbay terminal .
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and recent derailments on the lin emean wait times fo 9 days for loading ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
saint1
Occasional Contributor
from what i understand the need is for coke by coal by product and i dont think wescoal produce this product.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Wescoal does produce metalurgical coal too. AND is ramping up production of this carbon-type. Just be patient with a microcap like this.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Wescoal does produce metalurgical coal too. AND is ramping up production of this carbon-type. Just be patient with a microcap like this.
0 Kudos
Johnmac
Occasional Contributor
Looks like WSL is getting a bit of a giddyup at last.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well Wescoal has just done what I refer to as a volume fueled (supported) breakout. My favourite type of trade. I am in at 127 a share. Lets see where this baby goes from here.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Do you think the market predicted the flooding and priced it in already?
0 Kudos