Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Wesizwe Platinum - a long term investors perspective...

Mr_S
Super Contributor
I would just like to get a sense of how the long term investors on this forum view this share. I have been burnt before with this share, but started thinking about the idea of accumulating small chunks of this share and holding for 10 years minimum. My problem with this is firstly the opportunity cost, then its the fact that im not 100% sure what the motives of the chinese are at this stage and whether they want to grow this company into a massive platinum business, or just milk the resources and leave. What are your view on this one?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
partridge
Super Contributor
As the Rolling Stones said "time is on my side". You indicate 10 years!If the chinese milk it as you put it you will still benefit - its a hole in the ground out of which you want to extract minerals. - but do remember "what's he good of having a mind if you can't change it!?"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A while ago we worked on an equivalent acronym for 'dogs of the dow' for the JSE, ALSI or TOPI. Can't remember what we came up with. But if you follow a dogs of a dow strategy, you need deep pockets - and a wide stock spread (diversify). If you follow a more value based approach, you would take revenue generating stocks, narrow your portfolio and focus on the ones that grow. Stick to my mantra is my advice - extreme price or extreme momentum. Wez is neither
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
I still like Wez as a long term NAV play, but we'll have to watch carefully whether the chinese can keep the construction project costs in check, and then operate to the planned budget and schedule - something the industry as a whole has been aweful at.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Thanks guys, i guess im just looking for a little risk in my portfolio, a mini cap share that has the potential to at least be a major player in 5 - 10 years. Something like Litha and Calgro were before....any other options?
0 Kudos