Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Wesizwe

MehmoodHaffejee
Frequent Contributor
Any idea what's happening to Wesizwe? It's been dropping quite quickly.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Wizard
Super Contributor
Double the shares.....half the price!
0 Kudos
MehmoodHaffejee
Frequent Contributor
Soory, Wizard. I think I've got brain freeze due to the cold weather... What does that mean???
0 Kudos
no_money
Contributor
See SENS: Accordingly Wesizwe will issue the new shares on or about 4 May 2011 and application has been made to the JSE to list the 829,884,460 Wesizwe ordinary shares.
0 Kudos
MehmoodHaffejee
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for that. So, perhaps a good time to scopp up more if you think the Cinise are going to drive this business to the next level.
0 Kudos
MehmoodHaffejee
Frequent Contributor
Apologies for the spelling; I miss Ms Word! Perhaps, a good time to scoop up more if you think that the Chinese are going to take this business to next level.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Im betting on the chinese, a bit worried about the dilution though
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Let me see if I understand you guys correctly. The major shareholder is also likely to be the major consumer. And the rest of you guys are being diluted out of the picture. Am I missing something here?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
YES. You are missing the sheer quality of this investment proposition. (Wink,wink,nudge,nudge)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hmm, I might need you to cut down on the flirting a bit, since I am struggling to read between the lines. The way I see it, the chinese consortium have written themselves in as 45% shareholders - yet they are making a loan of R6.6bn, which is 3 times wesizwe's market cap. Still want to argue that the common man's stake is worth anything? Just look how many times Metorex had to issue new share capital in order to meet the payment deadlines. I am struggling to see the value here. My platinum money is tied up in Platmin for now.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The ""Wink,wink,nudge,nudge" was inrended to indicate the ironic (?sardonic? intention of the comment! If this turns out to be any sort of investment I'll be shocked.!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You must have noticed by now that I have no interest in these "stories."
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ah! so you were insinuating something, say no more. I gotcha!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The only platinum stock I have any interest in is ANOORAQ. The balance sheet looks poor - but they have a big brother securing their cashflows and solvency - ANGLOPLATINUM. So they have a chance - the others make no money and have no way of financing expansion. Overall though - I really struggle to see a long-term future for platinum - in a world pushing for electrification. Buy coal.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well I am willing to give Platmin till the end of the year to bring their production up to full steam. I think this is the best near term project with potential that I have analyzed.
0 Kudos