Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What Can Traders Learn from Olympians

14 REPLIES 14
Ninja
Super Contributor
Great article....work more than 40hrs per week??.....he obviously hasn't heard of your lazee system Simon!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Failed trader who has resorted to journalism happens all the time. If you cannot do it .. write or teach about it
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it has taken me 15 years to get to where I am, re lazy trading systems etc .. look around this forum and see how many people totally don't get my simple lazy system, says exactly what this article says .. as for the failed trader comment .. well ho hum .. failed or not doesn't make him wrong ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
20,000 hours training?????, I can become a international airline pilot and get paid way more than trading and see the world for free....hmmmm maybe I need to look at changing carerrs.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Not to be simplistic.. but really the best parrallel . is that if you jump the gun= disqualified..and if you arrive for the start late.. no hope.. timing is everthing!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
opps! well you know what I meant even if I cant spell it
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no chance a pilot get paid more then a top tarder .. Paulsons crew got US$150million each in 2007 an he got US$3billion .. as a pilot your salary is capped, as a trader it isn't ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Metaphorically speaking and ON the JSE we can seldom (no make that NEVER) see those kinda figures. If we were able to trade DOW and US markets on OST then we could do a thing or two...hin, hint??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why would an international market change that ?? paulsons trade is 100% not the norn, in facty his bio is called the best trade ever .. point is you can make more then you can spend in a life time .. a local insurer went short in feb last year and lost a billion rand .. you could have gone long and made a billion ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cause we seems to keep refering to US & UK (Paulson, Buffet, Roubini, Sorros etc), when the great traders are marked. Sure they are there and they have made killer amounts, but us okes that trade the JSE can not match those earnings. What local guys have we got that have performed expetionally and why are they not mentioned? Cause when it comes to anything US BIGGER IS BETTER as always and we cannot even compare R1 bil to USD3 bil

I doubt int markets would change this even if we were able to trade them. If you cant make it on JSE you aint gonna make it anywhere and that goes for any market I guess. Just options available are nice and the more choices in one place (provided they make sense/affordable) why would I need 5 other accounts everywhere else. I like a 1-stop shop if I can get it and OST has really great features.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
its the 10,000 hr factor - That & being in the right place, with the right prior exposure, having done the hard yards in advance. I totally agree that its only hard work & years of honing a skill that gets you to the top in yr field. Ask Tiger - I'm sure he spent more than 10,000 hrs boning his skills - LOL
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oops - you know what I meant even if I cant spell it....
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Bruberi, you are right....I am sure Tiger has spent at least 10,000 hours honing his boning!
0 Kudos