Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What Chartist failed to understand

Not applicable
In hindsite, the short was on, but that was never the issue. The issue was whether you are able to recognise a tradable situation that you would take every single time. Chartist was singing his own praise at a price point way higher than the current one. He was boasting his prowess at a level where no trader could make money. In short, he was never able to justify why the trade was on - and what criteria he would use to exit the trade. He only boasted about being in the money - but I mean - any trader will be in the money at some point during a trade.
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and money (profit or loss) is not how we measure a successful trade, that's one of the biggest lessons a trader needs to learn ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Quite funny this...so basically you saying he was right all the time...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no whats being said is that he is a bad trader!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How is your trade going Simon? See the BIL warrant at 32c thats a 54% return..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No, we are saying you were empty all along - devoid of criteria for a trade. You made a random call and boasted a random success. Honestly dude, you have been trading long enough to understand such a simple basic principle?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
eh, Riaan, did you(or Bogie or whoever you are) trade the BIL warrant?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist detailed his reasons for calling this short many times...just because he didn't tell you means nothing...has Simon ever asked him for his reasons?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes...made a load of money.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well done. can you post some details about your entry and exit for that trade?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
riaan, you have a long way to go is all you talk about is the money ..
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Chartist is a market commentator, that doesn't make him a trader. Riaan this how a trade goes 1. Identify an opportunity 2. Take the trade 3. Place a stop. 4. Take profit or let the market take you out of your trade if you are a holder If you don't do the above you are an analyst not a trader I don't care what anybody says. If you can't identify opportunity in real time you will never make money. A traders worth is measured in how many points he makes not whether he predicted a market. If chartist is soo confident about his trades and predictions tell me why he trades 100 times a day? What he says and what he does are not the same thing. Knowing the thing you should do doesnt mean you are able to do it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon as per your system, do you exit today and take the loss? And no one ever talks about anything else...did u ever bother to enquire why he made the call?....I certainly never saw you even ask...you just judged it before u even know and you still dont know.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
A little ps If you want to know if a trader makes money ask to see his monthly statements. All you have to do the numbers don't lie.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist is in the market every single day...he shares his trades thats how I know
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
4 Of the first 8 posts are chartist related. Whatever he's doing, you guys are certainly giving him a lot of exposure. If one subscribes to the: "No publicity is bad publicity" concept, he is coming out trumps!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well riaan, since you made it a point...tell us about your BIL trade, make a video...you made money, so tell us how you identified the opportunity...
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Riaan been where you are thought there was something real but when I dug deeper I found that there was little to back what I intitially thought.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Threshold...good point...maybe stop feeding those posts?
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
You right threshold I'm done had my say.
0 Kudos