Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What VOD shares dropping like mad?

Uberfly
New Contributor
Does anyone have any idea why VOD shares (and telkom for that matter) are dropping like crazy? I understand there was negative sentiment when they first listed but the share is only going down...
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Schmidt
Occasional Contributor
the hype is over. Both Telkom and Vodacom seem to have a hell of a uphill battle ahead of them. And MTN has taken the spotlight, but its up 20% already.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
***** shares, ***** shares, ***** shares. I have just taken a flight from these two shares as I do not see any early recovery of them in the next three or more months, so I cant take the disappointments of seeing them fall like hell as I watch. TKG and VOD have put us iin huge trouble and I think in my lifetime, i wont buy any of these two. Sorry to you all that are still holding, I just sold mine, at a bit of a loss, but i know within a week i would have recivered though coz I am buying somewhere where I have better returns.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
I never liked either of them,and still dont. What I thought was sneaky, was VOD putting out that market update,only after they had listed !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agree. Sold mine earlier. If one is interested it seems likely you can get in lower. Surprised tkg has held up as well as it has.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
In the opinion of the forum especially the fundamentalists what will fair share value be for vodacom. Thinking of gettig a few and tucking them away.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
much worse the R40 value estimated by the chap above
0 Kudos