Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What a day!!!!!!

bothac_1
Contributor
Had TOPDWK over the weekend bought at 118, sold at 77, loss of +-R12000 on a portfolio valued at R30 000--Big Loss!! Rebought TOPDWK at 43, sold at 62, profit of R9300. All and all loss of R3000 (not to bad considering), but I never want to see a wave warrant again. How do you guys restrain yourself from trading waves?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Preston
Super Contributor
Lack of knowledge is my greatest asset for not trading waves....
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
You would have given up waves today if ur second trade didn't go the way u thought it did.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol preston. and of course good old fashioned fear. Albeit many too stupid to be scared or appreciate their lack of knowledge.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
The problem is not the wave but the rider; you! Why did you go long Friday and then also hold over a weekend? If you read the signals correctly you would have gone short on Friday then you would have now thought yourself very clever. Improve your reading of the market and it will go better. I occasionally trade waves and also get it wrong more often than not.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
skala, indeed. It always is the rider, not the product. The buggest risk to ones pile of cash is the individual.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
I think it does not matter what you trade or the time frame; low gear and long time frame = hopefully more forgiving situation. If you read it wrong to start off with, you are F(*)& in any case; all you do is manager the trade, whether in profit or loss situation.
0 Kudos