Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What a ride its been

Not applicable
I opened my share account in October last year (great timming!) Had no clue what i was doing and within a few months was more than 50% down... Today I am officially back to where I started in October plus a good few grey hairs!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
KVW
Super Contributor
50% is actually very well done....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
More than some fund manager yes haha. Played around with futures too early which was where most of it came from. Have learnt now though and things are going much better
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
15-08 = 1y. Had ruffy start too. Lost 100% on first 2 warrants.[idiot!] Gone past -50%. Then came Jubilee & i'm still Jubileent >500% profit on one deal. More luck [& tip from Barry] than wisdom. Now at ruling prices i'm + 97.72%. Promissed me self a * if i can make that other 2.28%. [Black Label in stead of Shivas this month] Good luck with your tading.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gash, that is fantastic. Just shows that if you start to realise your mistakes and then go and learn to make inspired and educated trades you can recover. We all hope that it all just goes better and better from here on out.
0 Kudos
el_nino
Contributor
I also opened my account in october last year. Am currently up 26%.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Every new trader gets a god complex during a bull run. Even the dartboard approach works then. It's the Jun08-Mar09's that seperate the professionals from the poor sods that need to justify to their wifes what happened to that R100K that disappeared from their kids' education funds.
0 Kudos