Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What about iPads and Galaxy tablets ???

Juve
Occasional Contributor
I use my iPad quite a bit in the course of the day for business. I try to follow the market, place trades on the same iPad but the experience is daunting to say the list. The website on iPad is very unstable unresponsive and many functionalities are just not available ( graphs). May I make a suggestion that some efforts are to be invested in the upgrade of your platform to accommodate iPads and galaxy tabs since many of us are now using these devices much more than a conventional PC. Any thoughts out there ?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
keng
Contributor
Currently I don’t believe that it is possible to view websites with Java on Android phones or tablets. Aside from the fact itself that Java applets don’t work in Android, there are a couple of behind-the-scenes reasons for this. Android itself is written in a Google-developed version of Java. This Google-developed version is open source (the whole point of Android), and the actual Java Runtime Environment isn’t. Since Google’s Java is running, the other one most likely won’t be compatible without major changes. Oracle, who currently owns Java, has already been breathing down Google’s neck, trying to sue Google over any lines of code that it finds in the open source “Javaâ€� that might be in Oracle’s Java. These tight relations over Java use will probably prevent actual Java from running on Android devices as well. I hope that answered your question.
0 Kudos
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
don't recommend either at the moment but sure there will be improvements over the next few months
0 Kudos
leoridge
Contributor
Share your frustration Juve with my android tablet, am watching the advent of full Windows tablets with interest, bit pricey at the moment though.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Stream your desktop onto your ablest sing remote apps from the App Store...splash top or log me in apps....I now using log me in app...so I have all the charts on my iPad...including easy trader....you can place trades directly on the iPad though...agree with you though, about getting a proper OST app...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it coming, likely by year end at latest
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
ablest sing= tablets using.....need more coffee and toast
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So, been using the new app.."log me in".....better than splashtop by far....now my iPad is my desktop , with all the Microsoft stuff like word, excell, PowerPoint and for trading , charts...seems faster too
0 Kudos