Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What am I missing

kwagga
Super Contributor
I been looking at the financials of this company, and on paper they look like they are running a good business. Trading well below NTAV, low PE. Good set of interim results. Worth a punt in my books. omo
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
I took a punt but am planning to offload at a loss. The reason for their good interims was that there was a serious supply constraint in the local steel market because of issues at Arcelor. The small guys got a bit of a windfall out of this. Problem is that this has been rectified now. (I got this out of BSS' own earnings reports, so not sure exactly how true or significant it is, but the price says it all)
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Businesses like this are run on working capital, become working capital intensive (have to carry large amounts of stock) and thus have very low free cash flows... Hence, DCF's of businesses like this imply low EV/EBITDA and PE multiples. Roughly fairly valued at these levels per my workings.
0 Kudos
more-doe
Contributor
This is one of the first shares that I bought. From the beginning the company showed good signs, but this is not reflected in the share price. Ivan Clark's company owns slightly ore than 70 million of this share,and every now and again he buys by the millions.
0 Kudos