Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What happend in China?????

asylum
Super Contributor
What do the Chinese know that we dont Hang Seng close 3.2% up.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I guess the chinese dont get too swayed by ither markets unless they can definitely see a risk/ association with them, u know business,business ,business???????
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Shanghai Composite (China) is closed this week. Hang Seng (Hong Kong) was up over 3%.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Shanghai, Hong Kong all chinese to me. Why's the chinese market closed, is that maybe why the Hang sen is up so much?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no idea to either Q.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
The Hang Seng lost closed to 5.6% in the past two days, so some buy today.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Its resting after a blow-off.
0 Kudos
expat
Contributor
I'm in China at the moment, and think you need to use the present continuous tense - 'What is happening in China?' Answer: So much that the rest of the world seems either very small and insignificant, or else dropping off into a doze. So. : Can anyone tell me of a SA business that is investing significantly to China ?
0 Kudos
expat
Contributor
1st October is 'Natioanal Day' and that was followed aby a week-long holiday
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
expat I can tell you who is selling SA wine in China in a big way. It is Ernie Els giving him a licence to print money. He's reds retail in SA @ R500 for a 750ml bottle.
0 Kudos