Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What happened on the budget?

sgb
New Contributor
Why the drop in JSE share price yesterday afternoon (after the 2012 budget) of 3% and again today another 1% by 11am?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dividend tax and cgt, not sure it's actually going to hurt JE business ..
0 Kudos
Amar
Contributor
Think it may have to do with the possible inclusion of securities transfer tax on derivatives, this could have a negative impact on trading volumes. Only under consideration currently nothing concrete.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
agreed, that is 2013 or even 2014 at soonest ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Also importatnt to note that the JSE is a value play rather than a growth story. Investors are relying ona strong and expanding dividend stream. This will certainly be impacted by the 5%.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That said, show me R72 and I'll take 10 to 20 000 of these things for a quick profit.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Soon they'll have a Screen-view Tax.As in,how many hours per day do you sit in front of....You piranha-capitalist you ! We'll Stalinize that buttom.Yeah....Let's tax that too.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good thing my mouse is 'stealth black'.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good try there,but Nah ! mate...they already have Stealth.It's called PRINTING.And the citizens look at their pay-cheques and wonder..."Where does the money go ? " = DEVALUATION OF PAPER CURRENCY VIA INCREASED Money Supply.Loud,wasn't it ?
0 Kudos