Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What happened to the wellness packs

ABuzz
Super Contributor
So you are saying that the announcement by the company re the MRC protocols and trials is all lies. Quite an accusation to make. I hope you can justify your statement.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
ABuzz, the burden of proof does NOT lie on Chartist to prove that the trials are not happening. Rather it lies on the IMU directors to prove that there ARE trials happening...as this was the basis upon which they raised funds from shareholders and listed. In the absense of news after many months of being listed investors, the public are entitled to become suspicious of the directors words. This in itself is no crime.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A Buzz..there are no trials at the moment....please confirm this with Johan Barnard the COO....I have his cell number is you require it...he will tell you lots about not being able to do it cause the festive season is around the corner...because they are not able to get all the pills the right colour....how the toxicity tests were cancelled...so we at the moment not only do we not know is the stuff doesnt work we dont even know if it isnt poisonous....my traget price is 1c
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Abuzz, you have some confidence in IMU. Either you know something we all do not know or you are in denial cause of the red in your porfolio next to IMU. From what i gathered after speaking to Fouche, market is not interested in the pack. The target does not see the need for the whole pack but rather they interested in parts of it. The cautionary was in connection with negotiations regards purchase of another company by IMU but i suspect didn't go through. If so much confidence in their performance how come the option exercise by investors is not going ahead, maybe th cautionary was around that and negotiations have fallen through. There is something brewing and it all sounds negative. OMO
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Harathke, the directors told their investors and the public about the trials on 17/04, they then updated us on 19/06. With the interims due out before the end of this month I am sure we will have a further update on their progress, or lack thereof. What Chartist is saying is that the directors are giving out false information and that in fact there are no trials at all. Perhaps you should contact the MRC yourself to verify this information. The rules of the JSE and SENS are strict in terms of disclosing honest and true information and whilst it is not impossible that the directors are giving out false information, it is highly unlikely.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lets just say I wouldnt buy a used car from Johan Barnard....A Buzz..I suggest you learn a little more about life before you invest your money in anything but a fixed deposit...
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
scandal, my understanding is that the pharmacy market was not that interested in the packs. But in essence, this is really not their main market for this product, nor was it ever intended to be. Their main target and potential success for the pack is if it can be proved successful and be bought by govt depts and by other funders in the fight against HIV & AIDS. Essentially, there is already evidence by WHO and others involved in this field that nutrition plays a significant part in the fight against HIV and AIDS, now what IMU need to do is prove that their pack is an option/perhaps the best option to use as a nutritional part of the fight.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Abuzz I am sorry that you have lost so much ( on paper) however have you heard of a company called ENRON, of Leasurenet, or Tigron. or or or the list is long but the list of duped investors is even longer..The whole point of active investing is a relationship between return and time, and the longer you stay here the more you lose in TIME and money, I really hope it hits 20c so you can sell. What I would do is offer my shares to the dirrectors at the current price if thet dont want them, then sell into the market today.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Chartist, for your information, I have actually made in excess of 35% return every year on the JSE since 2001 (which was the first year I started trading)This year I am sitting at 56% YTD. I have also made in excess of R 2 million in clear profit on my property transactions over the last 15 years (from a R70 000, 100% bond initial purchase) and have bought 2 failing businesses, turned them around and sold them both very profitably. I have also served on two Provident Fund committes and been part of very successful returns for both of them, one of which is a listed Blue Chip Company. So your comment is very childish and immature - I would have expected someone like yourself who is respected in investment circles to not stoop so low.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
john, with respect, my exposure to IMU is small in relation to my total portfolio and I have always been one to invest a small % of my portfolio in risky small caps and new listings, some have panned out, eg Wearne, Enaleni, Taste, SAM etc, others, which are by far the minority have not, but it still won't stop me from keeping some of my exposure in risky or small cap shares.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Cool I am not telling you how to trade. I was simply sugesting that by selling and buying back when things turn positive you save TIME and all you can do on the market is search for the greatest return in the smalest amount of time.. had you sold yesterday and bought anglos with the money you could buy them back with a heap of cash left over as an example.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Well All i am saying is that their strategy came out all wrong in my opinion hence i sold at 20c and took my loss. To try and sell a pack like that the target market would be rural areas without running water and afflicted with HIV. So if you put such a product in a pharmacy it think then it will not sell. To target mine workers might work but most have relocated and are living in and about a municipality of some sort with running water and electricity. How often do these people go to their rural dwellings that they are trying to leave in the first place i am not sure. To market it to an organization like WHO would require some checks and balances. Hence the issue surrounding the trials and their outcome. That it is voluntary is besides the point, they made the sens announcement and we the investors expect feedback. If none is given then loss of confidence is the next step followed by sell sell sell. OMO
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
I hear you john and I do do exactly as you are suggesting, however I haven't done it with IMU - here I have continued buying as it has dropped and hence bought my average price down. I have traded SAL a dozen times over the last month for a 8-10% gain, today being a good case in point, bought at 45 and sold out at 49. Different shares, different strategies. With the risky stuff being such a small percentage of my portfolio, i generally take a longer term view and hope it pans out, as it did with ABO - bought for 2c, sold for 4c. Overall I'm still up and I can afford to take some losses, which to date have been small by comparrison and if i take a hiding on IMU, then so be it, but I am in for the longer term.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Abuzz maye you should rather leave this one, your reputation took a very big nock with the JDH saga...50 000 000,00 on offer at 1c
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A Buzz...I can see you are totally out of touch with reality....I am not respected in investment circles....
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Abuzz if you looking for returns in excess of 7% in a week all due to timing your purchase and sale by buying on the low look at Aflease.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Abuzz..well lets look at these achievements 35% on the market over the past 5 years means that you have underperformed the market (the satrix dividend plus index has gone from 100 to over 300 in 5 years thats around 50% per year) ....The 2 million Rand in property I assume refers to the value of the property you live in now? if it is firstly you haven't realized the value and secondly the annual compound rate if this is indeed the value of you house is only 22%...(during this period the interest rate was for a period 25%) ...so this is no achievement. Of course the cost of transfer and maintenance hasn't been taken into account.....as for serving on a committee ....thats commendable....giving your money to a bunch of prevaricators like Barnard and Fouche who climb on the African Potato bandwagon is less commendable
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Chartist, myself and others on the forum value the input you give on the forum (to the most part), you have posted and contributed to some great threads, so you are respected, even if you don't believe you are. And it is really fine for you to try and knock me on this one, I am quite happy to take it, as I've said before, my exposure is small in the general scheme of things and if I'm wrong i will be the first to admit I messed up and chalk it up to school fees.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A Buzz....its not personal...it cant be cause I never met you....sure you are a nice guy....not nice to see nice guys getting taken for a ride esp by ppl who exploit the HIV aids arena and who lend support to the Zuma African potato theory....they are liars and they lied in their communication to sharholders .....simple as that
0 Kudos