Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What happens next?

asylum
Super Contributor
I see the fed might cut another 0.5% on their interest rates and the markets have already factored that in, what happens when they can no longer cut, and also they are weakening the dollar everytime they cut and will also have to worry about inflation creeping in, the housing figures yesterday were bad and market reacted possitively because it anticipates a rate cut, i think this is creating pressure for the feds because if they dont cut the market will sell off, in my opinion we should be very mindfull of this situation when going long. omo
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
org
Super Contributor
The same situation happened during the bear market 2001 to 2003.see daily art at gold-eagle.com , a few weeks back there was 1 called long-term stock valuations where it was explained..
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
I think it is best to stay put in this current situation of a stale mate. Unless you do the opposite to what you think logical reasoning is.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
guess i will stay in puts this week and see what happens cos fed announcement( i think thursday /fri) but lots of reports due lets see
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
In the event of the usa rate being cut again there will hopefully be a rally so that I can finally get out of a lot of long positions being held for ages.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
what you holding platsak?
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
yes we can have a bounce since the TIME is up, always look at TIME and price, na n sekere TYD draai di mark
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Yes and I dont wanna sound rude, but isn't an asylum a type of mental institution...i think rates will be cut more...
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
No only from a warped frame of reference, unqualified it could be;
1 a shelter from danger or hardship
2 refuge 3 sanctuary

You might be requiring asylum in the near future
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
The lunatic is in my head, The lunatic is in my head, You raise the blade, you make the change, You re-arrange me till Im sane. You lock the door And throw away the key, Theres someone in my head but its not me.
0 Kudos