Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What in heavens name is happening here. Is it time to bail?

canary770
Occasional Contributor
What in heavens name is happening here. Is it time to bail?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
Greetings Canary - What is ur email address?
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Yoda why not post so we can all see. We also interested?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I suggest that the shareholders contact them directly, I do this and pretty much piss them off. (I have also told them to update their website www.chrometco.co.za) But remember they work for the shareholders. They have taken the capital base from about R5 million at time of listing to about R80 million as per the CFO (John). I am expecting some positive news before they go on their Christmas break.
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
Thought i saw/read that Peter Major from Cadiz said that they'd invested some(!) money in CMO as well, and figured that boded well at the time. I made a small fortune from CMO .... by starting with a big one :(
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
canary770
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for that Yoda. Maybe they will start running like Merafe. Gee whiz that was one to hold on to.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
And the plunge continues. Low today of 47cent. There must be some bad news out there. Dump or buy some more?
0 Kudos
LHS
Occasional Contributor
I concur with Yoda. Good news should be released in next two weeks or so. Wish I had some spare cash to buy at this price.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
so if good news is emminent why is everyone dumping?
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Volumes have not been great so i think that MAM players bailing as competition draws to close and those that got in at beginning (around 80 and have held on) cutting losses and running. OMO
0 Kudos
rendan
Contributor
I bought at 80c. And this doesnt look good. Whenever a smallcap starts falling, theres usually some bad news on the horizon because people already know abt it.. Im seriously thinking of bailing, Its almost killed my holiday cash. 80c to 50c.. really dissapointing.
0 Kudos
LHS
Occasional Contributor
I would imagine MaM is one of the main reasons for the decline, but more so impatient investors (following the heard - and not making up their own minds). I don't see institutions dumping loads of stock.. Selling off just because "all the others" are just makes it cheaper for the rest to buy.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
folks, when a trade is going against you there is one thing to do - get out of the way, exit. All the talk of good news coming soon, averaging down, short term trade becoming long term etc. Well the price tells a different story and frankly price is what counts. The first rule of trading is to protect ones capital because without it the game is over.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Well theres the good news everyones been raving about CMO suspends all DRC operations and are looking in South Africa.
0 Kudos
canary770
Occasional Contributor
Well. I think it's time to climb back in. As long as they are out of the Congo and back where they belong. This share is going to run like Merafe
0 Kudos
canary770
Occasional Contributor
I should have bought Merafe. If I sell now I have lost more than 50%. Should I buy more?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Re-read the first part of your post. I think you might find the answer to your question.
0 Kudos