Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What is everyone doing??

theyoungster
Super Contributor
What is everying one going long, or shorting at the moment? or just
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
john_1
Super Contributor
I hate it when the market goes flat like this, I always donate at times like these. So I set up trades outside of the current range and go read a book.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
scalping would be the name of the game today.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Do I look Like a *****ing Indian
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
who knows what you look like. and that comment reflects your barriers u face in life. goodluck
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Was long impala and ACL took profits in imp yesterday still long on acl, but at the moment not much happening so will wait for direction from the market.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Scalping/Indian... if I have to explain the joke it kind of spoils the fun.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pondering the sudden leap in the value of the USD vs. ZAR and Euro, looking at the gold price tank... What just happened? I looked on CNN but I don't see any news that should justify this... (BTW Hi all, I'm new on this forum.)
0 Kudos
Jobarshares
Contributor
99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer. If one of those bottles of beer should fall...98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer. If one of those bottles of beer should fall... 97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer. If one of those bottles of beer should fall...
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
just going a bit crazy today - and thats the long and the short of it!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
96! there'll be 96 bottles!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
96! there'll be 96 bottles!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Went long on GFI, SEC announcement may affect the dollar negatively, we will see what happens.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm short ANG, so one of us will lose. Might well be me, reckless newbie that I am...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Asylum, why are you long ACL? It's making new lows, and H&S also gives it a R115 target.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
went long a while ago yeah might get to 115 but results were very good and they forecast an even better 3rd quater so if it does indeed reach 115 i will put my house on it.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
dont you mean R151 instead of R115?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Asylum, I think he does mean R115. Left shoulder starting from the 7th Mar o8 Neckline at R185. From what price where you long?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and declining Rand strength should give ACL a boost
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ACL is unfortunately one of those shares that overreact on the up and down side. It seems to be following resource shares - so I see more downside. I've gotten in and out on shorts since its been R220. Keeping a tight SL.
0 Kudos