Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What is happening !!!!!

GrantRB
Contributor
Does anyone know whats up with Metorex and Cape empowerment !!!! I have stocked up to the max with futures and i think im getting burnred , but im still holding on and hoping for the best :)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
john_1
Super Contributor
If you are feeling the heat, thats a fire under your seat.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thats what the captain of the Titanic also said. "I'm hoping for the best". Without an entry AND EXIT strategy you will burn.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
do not panic prematurely - nothing has changed fundamentally - just some market noise. stick to your strategy.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and the strategy HAS to include a downside exit point.
0 Kudos
Captain_Kidd
Contributor
The problem with CAE is massive volume offers to buy at way low prices and this drags the price down, look at the huge volume sitting at 249c. This share as well as some others (SIM,SAL,MRF,MTX) are all volume sensitive. Useless chatter about them and they tend to move, only problem is all the @ssholes that think they can make a quick buck, jump in at very low prices , with volume heavy offers, and the price crashes, Result NO one wins. The Answer is, on these kind of volume sensitive shares, just get in at market value and let the share run. Only my opinion though hope this helps
0 Kudos
Captain_Kidd
Contributor
See what I mean while I was writing last post the share has already gone back to 249c... Just another point the okes wanting to make a quick buck suddenly realize that they have made a mistake because the share is now moving the wrong way so they they try and hastily exit dumping those huge volumes back on the market at any price...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As long as you can carry the cost of this strategy. Plan before you enter.
0 Kudos
GIBB
Occasional Contributor
Grant - Have you not learnt! Unless you are part of the chosen view, you will never get a straight answer from this forum!What you will get (most of the time) is the same old rehash of arrogant criptic c***p from silent "experts" This forum adds no value to the average investor seeking guidance or a confirmation of his thinking.It's a chat room for incredibly bored people. I suggest you treat it as such!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
go to share discussion and see what i said about MTX last night.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So GIBB what are you doing here?
0 Kudos
GIBB
Occasional Contributor
Confirming my theory!!! Topgun - you are one of the few exceptions.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
I wouldn't panic about CAE, unless you're holding futures. Holding small cap futures is a bad mistake. Especially without a stop-loss. As topgun says, fundamentally it's still strong.
0 Kudos