Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What is the fair price of the warrant??

gida
Contributor
Is it the bid price or is it the price calculated by the warrant calculator and if there is no daily matrix where do you look it up? if it is a DB warrant would it not be best to phone the desk to get the fair price / to trade? my underlying share is moving up (10% over last 3 days) and i'm expecting the warrant to move to but it's the same price???
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ignore the calculator. FV is the matrix and as such middle of bid/offer.
0 Kudos
gida
Contributor
thanks but this DB MUR CD has no warrant matrix? and the bid price does not move... is this not cheating by the bank because the bid price should be the fair value / mid between bid/offer like you say... i dont wanna get f'd by DB AGAIN!
0 Kudos
jit777
Occasional Contributor
I suggest trading in only high volume sb warrant that way there wont be a liquidity problem.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Your warrant is worthless at the moment. DB is only bidding and not selling. All issuers do this when the warrant price is below 10c.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
liquidity has nothing to do with this. A warrant is as liquid as the underlying.
0 Kudos
gida
Contributor
guys you are right, i've never experienced this with an SB warrant, they are highly tradeable... so my 5K is now lost... BS man... DB is cheating!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah dude, you bought a **** call warrant when the underlying was falling. Don't blame the issuer - that helps nothing. it is a bad trade and the only way you learn is to accept that, not pass the buck.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
The strike on that one is 9200. Even if MUR doubles, the warrant will still be worthless. Better study the greeks next time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, that was the second time this morning you offended the net-nanny! Does your wife know you use such crude language?!? Please go and wash your mouth out with soap!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
hey what percentage do you guys set on yr warrants stop loss? i got stopped out yest only to find it going up like crazy!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You have read the following how many times ,DO NOT BUY 10c WARRANTS OR WARRANTS WITH LESS THAN 30 DAYS TO EXPIRE. I offer the following for free ,which has cost me 30k - 40k to learn. Look for warrants with a time decay of 1% or LESS /week.eg BILSBV Buy StandardBank warrants. In this market i have made money on Shorts only. Look for shares that trade qauntity like Bil Decide what loss is exeptable and stick to it.Same with profit Dont let your money burn in your pocket.You dont HAVE to buy every single day,be patient and look at one or two shares charts every day.The SAME shares and not ten or more only confuses you. Wish u luck.
0 Kudos