Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What is the relationaship btw ACL and MT?

Not applicable
or where can I find out? I have tried. Anyone Puleease
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
janne
Frequent Contributor
I kept statistical data for the both for some time this year, off www.stockcharts.com, EOD. On average the ratio is: MT price x exchange rate x 0.38=ACL price on JSE (EOD next day). Is that what you are looking for? I found though that the statistical data did not help my trading, instead it confuses your analysis and makes you to lose out. There obviously are too many other interfering factors in the MT/ACL picture. KISS principle is better in this case(keep it simple stupid).
0 Kudos
StanleyB
Contributor
MT is the NYSE listing for ARCELOR MITTAL the parent company of ARCELOR MITTAL South Africa one of the smaller subsidaries. It is also listed on major european exchanges - do not know which is primary. There is no link between ACL & MT share prices. During past month ACL has trended sharply down while MT has trended up
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Mitta1 owns about 15 to 20 steel works in the world. I dont think the branches would affect the HO as that is a form of index for their global operations. Maybe if you follow the Indian (main works) Factory?
0 Kudos