Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What is the verdict on woolies shares; buy or sell?

AP
Regular Contributor
The current trend for woolies seems uncertain; should one buy or take the losses and sell?
0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
Preston
Super Contributor
Stay out for now. Volumes are extremely light. Wait for it to fall below R62 and then consider buying. OMO
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Stay out for now. Volumes are extremely light. Wait for it to fall below R62 and then consider buying. OMO
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
the stock is consolidating (aka doing a bear flag) preparing for another vooma on the downside, IMO.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
Already lost +7%; should I sell now and get in later?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
That would be a great idea. Wait for an up day to sell.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I take it you bought for a long term hold, if that's the case, hold, because a sale will trigger profit,with the main winners being SARS and your broker.The chance of you timing a re-entry at the best price is not that easy. If you want to buy and sell shares, have a seperate portfolio to your longterm holds, better still use CFDs or SSFs. If you bought on CFDs you shoulded have baled long ago.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
relative value - if the risk you are taking does not compensate in terms of the gain then its time to sell......
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Did you buy the share or CFD's or SSF?
0 Kudos
Funnymoney
Frequent Contributor
For me, it is loooong term... Buy in the dips!! Bought in last year Jan at R43..and plan to hold for a few years
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Long Buyers at least have a stop loss at 59,80 (200 EMA), then this share is really bearish.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
buy low sell high is like a mirage, imo.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
AP has not yet told us if he trading or investing ....so the thread looks confused?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Sold my short on woolies, I am officially out of this market from a trading perspective.
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos