Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What is the verdict on woolies shares; buy or sell?

Rams
Super Contributor
Then , no need to sell. But if you have a big profit in your trading account and you have to pay tax on the profit, then perhaps you can sell, offset your profit with the loss, then buy the same number of shares cheaper...you will have the same number of shares, and the taxman pays for the loss....its my strategy
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Just bought WHL shares for long term investing.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
what is your motivation for doing that? technical, fundamental?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Now it purely fundamental (long term investing). It touched the 200 EMA average and then found support. PE ratio is sustainable at a price of R60.00. Offsetted some of my trading profit to turn it into long term capital growth. Projected view if stop loss is not triggered is 20 years.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
the last time SHP traded at the 200 EMA was in August 2011
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and WHL...most retail shares trading at 200 EMA...buyers come in at 200 moving average?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Well, the mockers (Sponono and Rams) were laughting at the guys calling overpriced SHP (R200), WHL (R72) et al... now listen what they saying!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dep with respect .. you surely called it over priced at 135, and 160 and 175 (as I did) .. and you was right every time, but over priced has nothing to do with future price as SHP showed us ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Whatever Simon, just invest in last year top 5 shares! You always right!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
DEP, dont confuse trading with investing...different strategies....different timeframes.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Oh yes ... three mockers = Sponono, Rams and Simon (former OST staffer). That is why most people don't post stuff here anymore!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Oh yes ... three mockers = Sponono, Rams and Simon (former OST staffer). That is why most people don't post stuff here anymore!
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
When SHP hit the 190's it was ridiculously over priced and it was only a matter of time that all the retailers were going to hit the skids.I very seldom short a stock, but at 196 and 204 the temptation was too great. Have only cashed in half, as I don't think the whipping is over, besides nice collecting intead of paying the interest.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
AP, you might get your chance to exit today?
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
DEP couldn't agree more......sponono's not bad though,but those other 2
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
so if I disagree with you then I'm a mocker: sounds like Julius Malema, if you disagree with him them you are counter-revolutionery, an agent
0 Kudos