Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What is the worst share on the JSE - your opinion

Super Contributor
In your opinion, no reason needed, what do you think is the share with the worst potential on the JSE at the moment? Just curious?
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
Not applicable
The share that I loved to hate - PZG - has been suspended. Now I guess VUN is pretty bad. Also FPF (used to be a darling). Unfortunately most of the worst ones can't be shorted...
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
It is deeply unfortunate that I happen to own a small portion of Awethu...what a heap!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Goodness, they have a negative NAV! I didn't realise that was possible. You'd have to pay someone to take them off your hands...
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Forutnately it is a very very small % holding - but yes I hold it as a daily reminder to my folly.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Make sure you don't hold a share when it gets suspended.I hold Randgold which was suspended years ago and I have to see it in my portfolio every day doing sweet blow-all,just tying up good money.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Zaptronics placecol and Afbrick have been dogs since they listed.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
We had an informal investment club about 4 years back, and Supergroup was one of the first shares on the watchlist - not to buy, but just to watch, at a price of around 1000 - so ja that is a dog. I also held MCubed for a while, and then got out just in time, whew!
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Hi Eddy,i'm beginning to take an interest in Sappi.Not bought any to date mind u,but just watching!
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
I once bought Glotec on a great review from one of the wonderful web analysts. It was 54c, expected to rush to 80-ish. It immediately started a plunge out of the sky and ended up at 1c before being suspended. It won the worst-share prize that year, even beating out DiData which had tried really hard.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
I dont own any, but also been watching it. They are looking at selling off Mica and Autozone, to who I dont know - wife does a lot of work for these 2 companies.
0 Kudos
Spike
Contributor
JDH surely? Though perhaps it's in a class of its own!
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
AGL.It's lost half its value in 1 year!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ricky_1
Occasional Contributor
Anything thats not showing a green arow.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Crikey - JDH has moved....not! started out in 2003 ar 2, and is now a whopping 1...and has been there for all of 3 years or so. Good buy. It may go to 2 again in about 10 years time...
0 Kudos