Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What is up with the Gold shares?/

Taurus
Super Contributor
Why are they going down while they should be up, weaker rand...higher Rand/gold price?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Preston
Super Contributor
I stand corrected but i heard something over the radio regarding a planned strike in order to address the saftey issue in mines following the death of 23 so called miners..(in total).
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Thanks Preston, ill look into it but it's very wierd...Rand/gold price has rocketed since mid Nov yet shares stay flat..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I am yet to see a positive correlation between rand/gold price and the share prices. Have a look at Plats price 1400 dollar and yet the plat shares are struggling.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The formula is: Production*Rand_Gold price - Costs. If you take Pr. and costs as constants then Gold Shares will going up. Unfortunately these 2 outweigh the positive effect of the higher Gold price.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Still wierd, Simmers anounced yeasterday they will improve gold production by 26%..today the price fall.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I came to see what thoughts were on Simmers. Just read about it as well.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Does anyone know if Simmers gold price is hedged? or unhedged?

I know that DRD are unhedged.
0 Kudos