Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What just happened on AGLSBH?

Tango
Super Contributor
Did someone offload 2m warrants at the bottom of the spread, or was it a purchase that the issuer gave at the lower price? Seems strange that a big player would exit at the low end like that..
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
john_1
Super Contributor
Tango I have not spoken to the issuer but in the past it has been that a big player books a trade , The market maker goes into the market yesterday buy up the stock then issue the warrents at the hedged price. But contact them if you want clarification.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
very interesting. So it could be a large purchase at the bottom of the spread then. Didn't make sense as a sell.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Yes, I phoned, It was a booked trade going long.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
thanks John. I've just doubled my AGL long. AGL results out this week, and it's just broken out of it's sideways pattern. When I saw the large trade at the bottom of the spread I thought that someone with some knowledge might be getting out, so it's reassuring to find out that it was a purchase. I posted my AGL chart this morning - http://www.page88.co.za/forum/fileuploads/070220_021354-8.png
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It is going to quite some party if Anglo's results are well recieved ( the market knows all the financials, it is all about corperate news and share houlder rewards) and Sasol does not get any windfall tax. The 3 biggest shares will all trend up and fast and I do hope you are along for the ride.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
party possibly starting now? Looks like I doubled-up at the right time this morning, AGL climbing nicely
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
Hey Tango. What's happening? Starting to slide. You really think tomorrow's announcement will lift it?
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I don't know - I'm just playing the probabilities. I think there is a better chance of it going higher, and my risk is limited to my stop level. Until my stop is hit I'm not going to worry about it. If it's hit, I'm out. no problem
0 Kudos