Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What just happened

Plonky
Super Contributor
Nhm jumped up suddenly. Just after 14h00. Any news ?.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
bruno_1
Occasional Contributor
Cautionary sens released
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
What could this mean. Maybe an acquisition ???
0 Kudos
bruno_1
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I believe it is a positive sens. Alot of free cash in Northam at the moment so an aquisition is quite possible. Also profit warning of 93% came out a week ago, so could be further news on EPS or HEPS. Lets hope for all of us with Northam shares it gets to the R70 where it belongs.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Bought some NHM installments last week; will hold even with falling price.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah I got out of the doomed Wez last week and got into NHM... think I'll stay on for the ride and see where it takes me...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It aims to raise its stake from 22 percent to take control of Northam. If Mvelaphanda acquire Anglo Plat's 22.50%, it will still need 5% or more, depending on the shareholder agreement to gain control of the Company. I doubt Allan Gray will give up a chunk of their stock especially considering the handsome dividends Northam pays and the future prospects as one Member here states that the share is worth closer to R70. I hold NHM shares December Long, which I bought last week and sitting at a loss at present, but with all this good news I am holding for a recovery. This American Housing Issue presented some very good buying levels to people who wanted to get into NHM.
0 Kudos
James15
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PE 9.25 EY 10.81 DY 10.41 Not many shares on the JSE with a DY of 10%! Add this weeks Cautionary Sens, which must be the Booysendal Merger/Acquisition and NHM must surely be good value at current levels, despite the recent sell off in Platinum Stocks.
0 Kudos