Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What on Earth is happening to this Share?

hellfire
Occasional Contributor
Interim results show earnings have increased by 77%, they are about to make a very big aquisition which looks like to will be a worthwhile one. Why is Dialogue tanking like this?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
I totally agree, but marckt doens't seem to like the aquisition sinario, and me think it is really cheap now
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
I think that it is technical selling. Held by a number funds and they may be minimizing losses (12049866 share in funds as of 30 June. Broke through 164 resistance and next level is 145. Watching it and looking to enter should it hold at these levels. Look at the buyers a number around these levels. OMO
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
Smallcaps also rates it as a Buy, expects 170-217 in a year. Anyone willing to call the bottom?
0 Kudos
hellfire
Occasional Contributor
they already had what I hoped were stable levels around the 210 mark for quite a while. there is no reason that the share price wont return or even exceed that. But for now its tanked over 20% in a week
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Read somewhere that worldwide (especially India), there has been a huge drop in demand for call centre business. This is due to banks closing down, drop in number of loans issued. drop in number of c/cards being issued etc... That is a direct result of the global slowdown. Whilst this does not signal the end of the call centre boom, it does illustrate the dependance that the industry has on the overall economy. Could it be that Dialogue(who are trying to compete on that scale) are feeling the same effect?
0 Kudos
hellfire
Occasional Contributor
possible i suppose. any idea where you read that article. i would also like to see it
0 Kudos