Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What's the news

Rovert
Super Contributor
Huge drop today , what is the news ?
0 Kudos
78 REPLIES 78
partridge
Super Contributor
Priced for failure - which isn't going to happen - look at the share holders - but there will be a re-capitalization..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
or a buy out .. I would thinks lots of banking execs having a close look this morning
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
A trader's dream come true
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
http://www.moneyweb.co.za/moneyweb-financial/abil-ceo-quits They can explain this any way they want, but it was just reckless lending. How do you give battling borrowers 2nd, 3rd and 4th loans when they haven't paid off the others yet? This was how they operated.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
looks like it is suspended? would suck to be a trader now!
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
Still trading....
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yes, very bad and risky banking practices! something like giving those subprime loans a while back... reckless!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja it is - and the news is that Leon Kirkinis (sp?) has quit - so not good at all!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
A CEO who ran the co into the ground quitting is good news .. R8.5bn rights issue is bad
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I wonder how he managed to think this is a sustainable model? since the 2007/8 crisis where all *****py loans were in focus, did he not see that he was heading for trouble? what will happen to ABIL when the interest rates rise alot more?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
old Mutual having a very close look〽️
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
Also the CEO who bought a furniture business for R9.4 Billion and is struggling to give it away after a few years.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Buy when there is blood on the streets boys or what?
0 Kudos
BlueDolphin
Frequent Contributor
19th May 2014 Summary Profile Media Consensus Forecast Recommendation: Upgraded to HOLD When the price was 850 ...
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
I am running around trying to catch falling knives here!!!!! Ouch Ouch!!
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
its all good news from now on ...chuckles.. at least the CEO has FINALLY had the courage to depart( or hopefully, despite the lavender water language of the sens he was shown the door). The company is in a mess but at least the fog is beginning to clear ( Here's hoping )..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Still and all... I couldn't resist taking a dollop at R2,50.
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
PSG buyout in a liquidation
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Mad Money........
0 Kudos